Edinburgh Christmas Ideas
26 days AGOIain Fenwick
People of Edinburgh Christmas is fast approaching! Guaranteed some of you are yet to make plans? Fear not, we have a few ideas for you to consider. Totally random, but definitely something for everyone…we hope!
- The Lion King roars into Edinburgh from December 5th until December 29th, and The Lantern Room at Courtyard by Marriott has perfect Lion King Festive Packages for all! To see their What’s On guide to everything festive at The Lantern Room, visit their website here https://www.thelanternroom.co.uk/whats-on
- Maybe the theatre is not your thing and instead you are looking for an intimate dining experience for you and your ‘someone special’ to enjoy? Purslane in Stockbridge ticks all the boxes. Cosy environment, very intimate, fantastic staff and incredible food. Paul Gunning has recently celebrated 5 years since opening and has grown Purslane into one of Scotland’s favourite hidden gems. If you haven’t been then you are missing out! Our advice? Visit their website and book. You won’t regret it! http://www.purslanerestaurant.co.uk/
Image by Gastronomic Agency
- Ok, so let’s find something in between…perhaps dinner and a live show? Did you know that two of the Middle East in Edinburgh restaurants – Hanam’s Middle Eastern Restaurant on Johnston Terrace, and Souq Restaurant on South Clerk Street – have live Belly Dancing every Friday at Hanam’s and Saturday at Souq. Be transported to an exotic world, with great entertainment and authentic Middle Eastern and Moroccan cuisine! www.hanams.com – www.souq-edinburgh.com
- Don’t fancy going out. How about a movie night at home with some delicious goodies from Geraldo’s of Largs? A family-run business who produce their own award-winning ice cream on site and specialise in handmade chocolates, premium spirits and a range of unique and unusual gifts that change throughout the seasons. Gifts sorted, night’s in sorted! https://www.geraldos.co.uk/
- Christmas shopping is exhausting! It’s important to make sure you keep the body warm and fuelled. Enter ‘The Broughton Bar & Eatery’ on Broughton Street, the latest venture opened by young entrepreneur Stefano Pieraccini, who also owns 2019 Scottish Restaurant of the Year ‘The Seafood Ristorante’ in Saint Andrews and ‘The West Room’ on Melville Place in Edinburgh. The Broughton does a particularly special Sunday Roast, the perfect fuel for Christmas shoppers! https://www.thebroughtonbar.com/
Image by Edin Eats
We will be having another look at other ideas as we move closer to December. Make sure you keep your eyes peeled. If you would like to be included next time, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org - MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Bovine Sunday NIghts at Nobles in Leith. How good does that sound?!
by Iain Fenwick - 19 days Ago
MEET DEJAN JANKOVIC, THE NEW HEAD CHEF AT THE LANTERN ROOM IN EDINBURGH
by Iain Fenwick - 30 days Ago
NEW RESTAURANT ‘SIX BY NICO’ OPENS ITS DOORS IN LIVERPOOL
by Iain Fenwick - about 1 month Ago
A Spanish Food Fiesta at Cafe Andaluz Restaurants
by Iain Fenwick - about 2 months Ago